Beirut is an American indie-rock and world music band which was originally the solo musical project of Zach Condon (born Zachary Francis Condon in Santa Fe, New Mexico) and later expanded into a band. The band's first performances were in New York, in May 2006, to support the release of their debut album, Gulag Orkestar. Condon recorded before Beirut was established: when he was fifteen and under the name of Realpeople, he made an electronic record, fashioned after his love for The Magnetic Fields. Read more about Beirut on Last.fm.
Sorry, no articles found.
News on TLOBF
- Beirut announce UK shows for September
- Watch: Beirut – Santa Fe
- Beirut to release new album
- Beirut announce new single, out on Monday!
- Beirut announce London show
- Lykke Li, Best Coast and Joanna Newsom confirmed for End Of The Road
- End of The Road announces more acts
- ‘Dark Was The Night’ – free download, and full tracklist
- 4AD release AIDS Charity album – Bon Iver, The National and Arcade Fire contribute
- Zach Condon returns!
- Herman Dune announce new album
- Beirut – Live, SXSW Festival. 2007 [Download]
Sorry, no sessions found.
Live reviews/photos on TLOBF
- Field Day 2012: Part 2
- Beirut + tUnE-yArDs – O2 Academy Brixton, London 16/09/11
- Pitchfork Festival – Chicago 17-19 July 2009
- ATP vs The Fans Strike Back – Minehead, 8th-10th May 2009
- ATP vs The Fans Strike Back. The Brainlove Chronicles.
- Beirut / Tunng / The Twilight Sad – The Roundhouse, London, 10/07/07
- Beirut – Royal Festival Hall Foyer, 25th June 2007